We are delighted to welcome you to our new website, which has been redesigned to give you the best possible online experience through quicker access to the information you are looking for. Thanks to our stakeholders who shared their insights into how we could make land.vic.gov.au your place for Victorian land and property information.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has merged the Maps and Spatial Data website with the Property and Land Titles website. The result is one trusted place for land and property information in Victoria.
Regular users of our former sites will find all the same important information plus more, in a simplified and streamlined website experience. If you are a new visitor to the site, we welcome you to take a look around.
About the project
Our website is one of the most important ways we can share information and updates about land and property with Victorians. We regularly review our websites to look for opportunities to improve the experience for customers.
We engaged with more than 2,500 customers and stakeholders to better understand how our websites were being used. As a part of this review, we asked our website users a very important question: ‘Did you find what you are looking for?’
The feedback was analysed with other data sources to identify opportunities, including:
- a more intuitive menu system
- news ways of searching
This is a user-centred-design approach. We’ve redesigned the website experience with our customers at the centre.
We have also been working to create a more consistent experience for customers across Victorian government websites. That’s why the new land.vic.gov.au look is in line with the Single Digital Presence.
We’ve worked to bring you:
- a user-focused website built around your needs
- one trusted place for land and property information and tools
- a dedicated section for each of the service areas
- refreshed content with more on latest news and initiatives
Land registration customers will also find:
- a much simpler menu structure, with tailored content for land registration professionals and individuals
- all lodgment fees, guides and forms in one place and fully searchable
- an HTML Customer Information Bulletin archive that is easier to browse and search
- Updated FAQs to conveniently answer most questions
Maps and spatial customers will also find:
- more information on how to access our maps, spatial data and imagery
- better profiling and search for interactive mapping tools
- a dedicated Vicmap catalogue area with a page per product
Let us know what you think
We want your feedback so we can continue to improve your experience. Please take a moment to complete the survey in the 'give feedback' tab on the right hand side of the site. You can also connect with each service area by visiting contact us.
Page last updated: 01/12/20