On this page:
8 December 2021
About the Victorian Property Sales Report
The aim of the Victorian Property Sales Report is to present factual information relating to property sales occurring throughout Victoria over a period of 15 months.
The Victorian Property Sales Report provides the most comprehensive quarterly property data available. It represents 93 per cent of settled sales across the state and is based on official Notices of Acquisition.
Valuer-General Victoria commentary
Valuer-General Victoria has provided commentary for the June 2021 quarter – released December 2021.
The figures for the quarter are preliminary and represent 93 per cent of expected settled sales.
Median house price in Victoria
- Increased by 3.7 per cent from $695,000 to $721,000 in the June 2021 quarter, having increased by 5.3 per cent in the previous quarter (December 2020 to March 2021).
Median price of units in Victoria
- Increased by 1.7 per cent from $590,000 to $600,000 in the June 2021 quarter, having increased by 1.5 per cent in the previous quarter.
- The median price of units in Victoria for the June 2021 quarter was lower than the median price of houses.
Melbourne median house price
- Increased by 3.7 per cent to $850,000 in the June 2021 quarter and the median unit price increased by 2 per cent at $625,000.
- For the 12 months to June 2021, median sales prices in metropolitan Melbourne increased by 15.6 per cent for houses and 5.9 per cent for units.
- The median house price in country Victoria increased by 4 per cent, at $489,000
- Units decreased by 1.7 per cent to $355,000.
- Over the 12 months to June 2021, median sale prices in country Victoria increased by 22.3 per cent for houses and by 9.2 per cent for units.
- Of the 791 listed Victorian locations, 408 had median house price increases for the June 2021 quarter compared to 458 in the June 2021 quarter.
- Five localities recorded no change, 143 showed a decrease and 235 had insufficient sales.
Number of house sales
- The highest number of house sales for the quarter was 386 in Pakenham.
- There were 49 locations with 100 or more sales in the June 2021 quarter.
The Victorian Property Sales Reports are available on the Property sales statistics page.
Page last updated: 08/12/21