On this page:
Vicmap Position – GPSnet™ is a cooperative network of Continually Operating Reference Stations (CORS) that supports Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) users throughout Victoria.
It supplies high accuracy real-time positioning solutions state-wide. Accurate positioning information is provided in real-time or for a post-processing environment.
Users gain lower cost equipment deployments with highly accurate, authoritative and reliable positioning solutions.
- Visit the GNSS website
There are four components to Vicmap Position:
- Vicmap Position – GPSnet™
- Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) network infrastructure using a combination of GNSS satellite constellations.
- Currently includes statewide coverage using GPS and GLONASS and some areas utilising QZSS, BeiDou and Galileo.
- Vicmap Position – NRTK
- Network Real Time Kinematic (NRTK) positioning service based on Virtual Reference Station (VRS) technology, where CORS network baselines are approximately 50–70km, providing a nominal horizontal accuracy of ±2cm.
- Vicmap Position – DGNSS
- DGNSS Sub-metre (nominal) horizontal accuracy network Differential GNSS (DGNSS) positioning service where CORS network baselines are approximately 200 km or less.
- Vicmap Position – Single base RTK
- Single base RTK Real Time Kinematic (RTK) positioning providing a nominal horizontal accuracy of ±2cm within 20km of a CORS.
GPSnet™ Satellite Correction Data provides:
- high accuracy positioning compared to autonomous (uncorrected) positioning
- network integrity, reliability, availability, and continual quality monitoring
- a homogeneous solution state-wide
- easy real-time access via the Internet
- immediate Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA) compliance
- system information including ionospheric modelling and satellite availability
- user customisable data for post processing (i.e. duration and epoch rate)
- access to competitively priced positioning via Value Added Resellers (VAR’s)
Vicmap Position data is available from wireless internet enabled devices with position correction accuracies achievable to centimetre level (depending on CORS base line separation, equipment and techniques used).
Vicmap Position services include a statewide Differential GNSS (DGNSS) networked solution, Networked Real Time Kinematic (NRTK), local Single Base RTK and post processing data.
- Access data at Vicmap Position - GPSnet™
How to get help
Vicmap customers and business custodians can contact the Vicmap helpdesk for product information and support.
Page last updated: 29/11/20