On this page:
Vicmap Topographic Mapping is the state’s authoritative topographic map base. There are more than 10,000 digital and hardcopy maps covering the entire state of Victoria.
Map features include:
- Constructed: roads, railways, buildings, airports, walking tracks and wind turbines
- Administrative: local government areas, crown land, state and international borders, and place names
- Natural: vegetation, national park areas, rivers, and coastal features
- Terrain: contours,mountains, valleys and cliffs
Vicmap Topographic Mapping is perfect for recreational activities allowing users to plan their outdoor activities.
They are also used by emergency services for planning and operations during an emergency event such as bushfire, flooding or search and rescue operations.
Other uses include urban planning, site analysis, flora and fauna surveys, education, military exercises, geoscience industry such as mining, and to establish legal boundaries and ownership.
Explore and access maps
You can search, discover, buy and download more than 10,000 digital topographic maps of Victoria online.
Our digital topographic mapping services are designed to work together so that customers can easily search and download maps, then access them across devices and out in the field. Using our Vicmap Viewer app, users can access downloaded maps even when offline.
New expanded hardcopy map service now available directly from Map Stockists.
The entire statewide 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 map series, comprising over 1,100 maps, are now available as hardcopy maps. These maps can be purchased from our stockists. Read more in how to access a map.
Vicmap Topographic Mapping is available in a range of formats, scales and sizes for different uses.
- Digital (GeoPDF)
GeoPDFs have enhanced mapping performance to track your location on the map in a specialised mapping app. Try the Vicmap Viewer or other mapping app.
- 1:25,000: for bushwalking, cycling and fossicking
- 1:30,000: shows the same information as the 1:25,000, but suited to A3 or A4 home printing
- 1:50,000: for four-wheel driving, bushwalking and camping
- 1:100,000: for long distance cycling, car touring and day trips
For further technical detail, see also:
How to get help
Vicmap customers and business custodians can contact the Vicmap helpdesk for product information and support.
Page last updated: 11/07/23