On this page:
Vicmap Property is Victoria’s cadastral map base that provides information about land parcels and property details. The database is continuously maintained with information from authoritative sources within local and state governments.
- Read more on Victoria's cadastre in the Digital Cadastre Modernisation project.
Vicmap Property helps you identify, manage and analyse assets by providing geographic context to your business information. The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning provides the authoritative property dataset so you can make more informed business decisions.
Vicmap Property includes:
- Parcel and property polygon views
- Parcel and property Identifiers – Standard Parcel Identifiers (SPI) and council property numbers
- Registered and proposed parcels
- Crown and freehold land differentiation
- Cadastral road casement boundaries
- Unique Feature Identifiers, date stamps and data quality information
- Cross reference to Vicmap Address and Vicmap Admin
You can explore Vicmap data in a web mapping service before you download:
Although this site contains the core Vicmap datasets, it may not include the full suite of available products.
You can access Vicmap Property from the Data.Vic platform under a Creative Commons license.
- Access Vicmap Property in Data.Vic
|Source information||Authoritative sources: |
* Parcel – Victorian Online Titling System (VOTS)
* Property – Local Government
|Scale of capture||1:500 to 1:25,000|
|Spatial accuracy||0.1 m to 25 m|
Vicmap complies with the FAIR data principle: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable, where reasonably practicable. This is why Vicmap is available in a range of data formats and datums.
For details, please review the Vicmap product specification below.
How to get help
Vicmap customers and business custodians can contact the Vicmap Helpdesk for product information and support.
Page last updated: 16/09/22