19 August 2022
Land Registry Services has released its Business Activity Report for 2021-2022.
The report shows it was a record-breaking year for lodgments and searches – for the first time in its 160-year history, Land Registry processed more than one million transactions!
Report highlights include:
- total transactions lodged increased by 14.02%, to 1,022,585
- transactions lodged digitally increased to 993,196, or 97% of total lodgments
- title search volume increased by 6.41%, to 2,977,311
- lodgment revenue increased by 25%, to $492 million
- 7,536 plans of subdivision were lodged, a decrease of 8.3%
- new parcels created from plans of subdivision decreased by 18.2%, to 60,803
For the three most common transaction types, discharges of mortgage represented 32.65 per cent of all dealings lodged, mortgages were 32.44 per cent and transfers of land were 25.24 per cent.
View past Land Registry publications:
Page last updated: 11/07/23